From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Catalyst 2.0 weirdness
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:12:04
1 On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 07:13 -0500, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Bardur Arantsson wrote:
3 > > Paste
4 > > http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-catalyst%40lists.gentoo.org/msg00395.html
7 > > into your TODO file.
8 >
9 > It probably took you more time to find that URL than it would have to file a
10 > bug. Why do users have such an aversion to filing bugs?
11
12 Probably for the same reason developers don't keep stupid TODO lists and
13 use a bug tracker to track issues like this. Personal preference.
14
15 As you are well aware, if it isn't in a bug, I won't remember it. I
16 don't keep a TODO of any kind, as bugzilla does this for me. Why should
17 I have to duplicate functionality that's already there? It takes only a
18 minute or two to sign up for an account. No more than it takes to sign
19 up for a mailing list.
20
21 Anyway, it's pretty simple. If it's not a "bug" and it isn't in our bug
22 tracker, I'm not likely to ever do it.
23
24 C'est la vie.
27 Chris Gianelloni
28 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead