From: Heiko Kopp <heiko.kopp@×××××××××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] GRP SUN-JRE Package
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 14:40:58
1 Hello again,
2
3 Am 07.12.2005 13:49 Uhr schrieb "Chris Gianelloni" unter
4 <wolf31o2@g.o>:
5
6 > On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 13:04 +0100, Heiko Kopp wrote:
7 >> Hello,
8 >>
9 >> im currently trying to build a GRP SUN-JRE Package (in detail by the use of
10 >> GNAT). The problem is, that catalyst seems to have problems with ebuilds
11 >> creating files during the src_unpack() phase as the package
12 >
13 > Here is the problem.
14 >
15 > src_* is *not* processed by portage during package installation. This
16 > is a portage feature, and will probably never be changed.
17
18 actually this confuses me a bit, cause how would the package installation
19 process know about a file install.sfx when it does not process this
20 function? When normally installing the sun-jre or the sun-jdk with a present
21 file in /usr/portage/distfiles everything works as expected.
22
23 Sorry for asking again, but Catalyst is way above my understanding currently
24 :-)
25
26 > Only pkg_* is processed during a package merge, so if it isn't in pkg_*
27 > then it won't be run. If this is a problem with an actual ebuild, I
28 > would recommend filing a bug on it.
29 >
30 > Now, if this is the first run, as in, there is no package yet, then it
31 > is a catalyst bug and should be filed as such. However, judging from
32 > your description, I think it is the former.
37 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list