From: Georg Lippold <georg.lippold@×××.de>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Initrd overlay for gentoo.igz
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:43:40
1 Hi Eliot,
2
3 there are serveral Knoppix remaster (google:"knoppix remaster") Howto's
4 out there, you may have a look at them, but I cannot guarantee for it.
5 One difference: LiveCD's usually use squashfs while Knoppix uses cloop.
6
7 Greetings,
8
9 Georg
10
11 Eliot Gable wrote:
12 > Well, I assume you are talking about the catalyst build? I am trying to stay
13 > away from the catalyst utilities. I do not want to build a whole new livecd
14 > image. I just want to use the x86 minimal livecd image I downloaded. I do
15 > not see any livecd-stage2.spec file on that CD. I am not at all familiar
16 > with catalyst and I was not planning on spending the time learning it. I
17 > thought this would be a relatively simple task -- just unpacking the files
18 > on the CD, adding a couple in, and repackaging them. Can I not do it this
19 > way?
20 >