From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Initrd overlay for gentoo.igz
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:40:10
1 On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 10:43 +0200, Georg Lippold wrote:
2 > Hi Eliot,
3 >
4 > there are serveral Knoppix remaster (google:"knoppix remaster") Howto's
5 > out there, you may have a look at them, but I cannot guarantee for it.
6 > One difference: LiveCD's usually use squashfs while Knoppix uses cloop.
7
8 Right. Any init script that you dump into the initramfs image will
9 *only* be in the initramfs image and not on the live filesystem. You
10 need to modify the squashfs image to get it into the filesystem.
11
12 > Eliot Gable wrote:
13 > > Well, I assume you are talking about the catalyst build? I am trying to stay
14 > > away from the catalyst utilities. I do not want to build a whole new livecd
15 > > image. I just want to use the x86 minimal livecd image I downloaded. I do
16 > > not see any livecd-stage2.spec file on that CD. I am not at all familiar
17 > > with catalyst and I was not planning on spending the time learning it. I
18 > > thought this would be a relatively simple task -- just unpacking the files
19 > > on the CD, adding a couple in, and repackaging them. Can I not do it this
20 > > way?
21 > >