From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo Catalyst <gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: [gentoo-soc] Catalyst Python reimplementation
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 14:19:25
1 On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 21:55 +0400, Dmitry Selyutin wrote:
2 > Hello Brian!
5 > Thanks for the fast answer!
6 > The biggest problem is that I've used only Kubuntu (for one year) and
7 > since that time I've been using openSUSE (for more than two years
8 > already). Is it hard for novice to use Gentoo if I know only basics of
9 > C and C++ and prefer to set up system using GUI rather than shell if
10 > it is possible (though sometimes I've had to change some things using
11 > shell before)?
14 Terminal, command line work in gentoo is not that difficult. But this
15 project will be mostly terminal based with regards to testing/debugging
16 catalyst. Gui work will be limited to using an editor, browser and
17 perhaps a git gui frontend like gitg.
20 > P.S. Will it be enough to setup Gentoo as virtual system like
21 > VirtualBox? Or it is better to free partition?
24 Well, I think you've had enough replies to this question already.
25 Just get started so you will know enough about gentoo to be able to put
26 together a decent proposal that shows some understanding of gentoo's
27 package management system, configuration and operation of catalyst.
28
29 > --
30 > With best regards,
31 > Dmitry Selyutin