From: Anders Bruun Olsen <anders@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo clustering "à la" www.clustermatic.org (PXE booted nodes)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:50:21
1 On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 06:45:04PM -0800, Brady Catherman wrote:
2 > This may be a side note but here is my take on the whole thing:
3 > Our cluster has 132 nodes, plus we have another cluster with 60. I am
4 > putting Gentoo on both of them now. (Tonight I am doing the big cluster)
5
6 I'm curious - being a newcomer to the world of clustering, what do you
7 use for the actual clustering? OpenMosix?
8 Are there any alternatives to OpenMosix?
9
10 > Update procedure:
11 > Compile the new update using a compute node and the scheduler:
12 > # qsub -b y -N update emerge -B <foobar>
13
14 Where does the qsub command come from?
17 Anders
23 PGPKey: http://random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD4DEFED0
24 --
25 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list