From: Brady Catherman <bradyc@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo clustering "à la" www.clustermatic.org (PXE booted nodes)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:28:25
1 Im not familiar with openmosix actually..
2
3 We use Grid Engine 6 (which is where qsub comes from) It manages jobs
4 that users submit.
5
6 Each system runs Gentoo with a slew of parallel enabled programs like
7 Fluctuate, ClustalW, MrBayes, Emboss and such. These get scheduled
8 using grid engine. (you submit the job with qsub, then it waits for a
9 given number of systems to become idle before starting it)
10
11 If you are looking to design a cluster you can check out Dr. Amit
12 Jain's cluster installation guide. He spent months testing every
13 component he could get his hands on before building his cluster. He
14 produced some really cool documents with wide ranges of cluster
15 design in them.
16
17 They can be found at: http://cs.boisestate.edu/~amit/teaching/430/
18 notes/beowulf-setup.pdf
19
20 He also has tons of tutorials on using OpenPBS (A grid Engine like
21 project) and PVM and such.
24 (Dr. Jain is like my favorite instructor of all time.. He is a
25 cluster and Linux guru.. =)
26