From: "Thomas Röhl" <Thomas.Roehl@×××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] http/mysql Clusters?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 06:11:41
1 admin@××××××××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 > I'm new to the list.
4 > I've been using Gentoo Headless boxes about 3 years now.
5 > I've started reading Gentoo High Performance Computing.
6 >
7 > I was thinking of setting up a master and 2 slaves to test a cluster.
8 >
9 > I run 2 2u servers on my home network hosting several domains and their
10 > email.
11 >
12 > I was looking at this howto guide...
13 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/hpc-howto.xml
14 >
15 > I'm looking to expand in the future with hosting. I started out with web
16 > design and went from there to running my own networks and servers.
17 >
18 > Is this the type of cluster I would need to like load balance 1000's of
19 > sites with apache/php/mysql?
20 >
21 Good morning,
22
23 I think you mean a load balancing cluster with LVS or some other tools.
24 Here are some links that might help you.
25
26 http://perlstalker.amigo.net/Gentoo/LVS.phtml
27 http://linuxreviews.org/howtos/virtual_linux_cluster_howto/
28
29 There is also some good documentation on the LVS homepage
30
31 http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/
32
33 There are some user-space tools, too, but in my experience LVS is the
34 fastest one. Other tools are crossroads or balanceNG.
35
36 Have a nive day,
37 Thomas Roehl
38 > If I'm not on the right track, please give me any info and links to
39 > reference.
40 >
41 > Thanks,
42 > ~RD