From: admin@××××××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] http/mysql Clusters?
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 19:47:37
1 Hi guys,
2 I'm new to the list.
3 I've been using Gentoo Headless boxes about 3 years now.
4 I've started reading Gentoo High Performance Computing.
5
6 I was thinking of setting up a master and 2 slaves to test a cluster.
7
8 I run 2 2u servers on my home network hosting several domains and their
9 email.
10
11 I was looking at this howto guide...
12 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/hpc-howto.xml
13
14 I'm looking to expand in the future with hosting. I started out with web
15 design and went from there to running my own networks and servers.
16
17 Is this the type of cluster I would need to like load balance 1000's of
18 sites with apache/php/mysql?
19
20 If I'm not on the right track, please give me any info and links to
21 reference.
22
23 Thanks,
24 ~RD