From: Mikko Husari <husku@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] http/mysql Clusters?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:12:37
1 admin@××××××××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 > I'm new to the list.
4 > I've been using Gentoo Headless boxes about 3 years now.
5 > I've started reading Gentoo High Performance Computing.
6 >
7 > I was thinking of setting up a master and 2 slaves to test a cluster.
8 >
9 > I run 2 2u servers on my home network hosting several domains and their
10 > email.
11 >
12 > I was looking at this howto guide...
13 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/hpc-howto.xml
14 >
15 > I'm looking to expand in the future with hosting. I started out with web
16 > design and went from there to running my own networks and servers.
17 >
18 > Is this the type of cluster I would need to like load balance 1000's of
19 > sites with apache/php/mysql?
20 >
21 > If I'm not on the right track, please give me any info and links to
22 > reference.
23 >
24 > Thanks,
25 > ~RD
28 Hi!
29
30 I also think that you would be better off with LVS, and there of I'm
31 really interested in how your setup turns out. Have you already thought
32 about cluster file systems? there are few and I'm planning on tests with
33 Lustre. Would you mind posting your progress to the list so i could spy
34 your plans?
35 --
36 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list