From: Daniel van Ham Colchete <daniel.colchete@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Remote administration of a server
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 19:18:02
1 Hanni,
2
3 I read about this IPMI today but I couldn't find anything specific of what
4 it can do. I found a lot of: it will help you manage your motherboard, or it
5 will solve all your problems, or it's inter operable, and a big list of
6 great sentences that tells you nothing about what it really does...
7
8 Assuming my motherboard supports IPMI, do you know if I will be able to do
9 something like KVM-over-IP (or over ethernet) with this?
10
11 Best,
12 Daniel
13