From: Brady Catherman <bradyc@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] RSH/SSH?
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:47:05
1 Sorry, I typed that at 5 in the morning after trying to get RSH/SSH
2 working for 4 hours..
3
4 We are trying to get password-less RSH working using whatever means
5 we can. We have a band new 2005.1 install we are working with. I
6 would prefer if it was through pam but I understand that pam is a
7 pain to work with..
8
9 For SSH we do NOT want to have to manually setup every account to use
10 password-less authentication. We currently have 4 clusters and 6 big
11 iron servers that accounts are shared across. Its hard enough keeping
12 all of that working let alone ssh keys. We want
13 HostBasedAuthentication but it appears as though we are always
14 missing some setting to let this happen.
15
16 And whats up with the SSH/RSH developers not giving some form of
17 debugging method? I mean.. The only thing you get for logging is
18 login notices. I can't find any way to get useful debugging out of RSH.
19
20 Whats most frustrating is that this is effortless on Fedora. Very
21 little file modification is needed.
22
23 Thanks for any help you guys can offer!