From: Giacomo Bagnoli <g.bagnoli@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] CLVM on amd64 profile
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 10:27:44
1 Hi all,
2 this is my first message here, I did a quick search on google but I did
3 not found the answers I'm looking for.
4 I'm trying to setup (well, right now I am experimenting :) ) a 2 node
5 cluster with drbd-shared storage using 64bit profile on 2 intel xeon
6 servers. I've successfully setup drbd 8 in primary-primary using an lvm
7 LV as drbd disk with ocfs2 (that's it, drbd over lvm).
8 Now I'm trying to do the opposite, lvm over a drbd device, using drbd1
9 as a PV for a lvm VG. If I've understood the problem correctly I need
10 clvm to manage active-active configuration to avoid metadata corruption
11 when managing LVs.
12 This shared PV is not the system PV I use for the node OS, it's on
13 another disk that i plan to share directly via drbd.
14
15 What confuses me is the presence of sys-fs/clvm and sys-fs/lvm2 with
16 clvm and cman use flags.
17 I've installed sys-fs/lvm2-2.0.45, when trying to install clvm I get
18 blockers (device-mapper and lvm2 itself).
19 sys-fs/lvm2 clvm and cman use flags are profile masked on amd64 (but
20 not on x86), why?
21 Should I need to downgrade lvm2 and install clvm or do it's safe to try
22 out unmasking those use flags by overriding the profile (I'm using
23 paludis and already have a custom profile that inherit from
24 amd64/2008.0/server)?
25
26 Thanks in advance,
27 Giacomo