From: Eric Thibodeau <kyron@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] OpenIB and recent kernels
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 18:22:15
1 Alexy,
2
3 I'm working on the Gentoo clustering LiveDVD, now would be a good
4 time to add items to the shopping list ;)
5
6 Eric
7
8 Alexey Shvetsov wrote:
9 > Hi all!
10 >
11 > I'm using openib-userspace utils and kernel drivers on two clusters
12 > but i cannot use openib-kernel with kernels greater than 2.6.22
13 > while in kernels drivers works fine with recent gentoo-sources (2.6.23-2.6.25)
14 > only thing that they need to work with openib-userspace is udev rules
15 > for ib devices and openib initscript and config. So why we cant add
16 > drivers use flag for openib-userspace that works as follow:
17 > when it set than we pull openib kernel as dep
18 > when it is not set we install udev rules and initscripts for openib
19 >
20 > Alexxy
25 gentoo-cluster@l.g.o mailing list