From: George Robb <forgeman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] OpenIB and recent kernels
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 02:30:43
1 Sounds like a fun project... Let us know when you are ready for
2 testers...
3
4 ;)
5
6 George
9 On Jul 4, 2008, at 1:22 PM, Eric Thibodeau wrote:
10
11 > Alexy,
12 >
13 > I'm working on the Gentoo clustering LiveDVD, now would be a good
14 > time to add items to the shopping list ;)
15 >
16 > Eric
17 >
18 > Alexey Shvetsov wrote:
19 >> Hi all!
20 >>
21 >> I'm using openib-userspace utils and kernel drivers on two clusters
22 >> but i cannot use openib-kernel with kernels greater than 2.6.22
23 >> while in kernels drivers works fine with recent gentoo-sources
24 >> (2.6.23-2.6.25)
25 >> only thing that they need to work with openib-userspace is udev rules
26 >> for ib devices and openib initscript and config. So why we cant add
27 >> drivers use flag for openib-userspace that works as follow:
28 >> when it set than we pull openib kernel as dep
29 >> when it is not set we install udev rules and initscripts for openib
30 >>
31 >> Alexxy
35 > --
36 > gentoo-cluster@l.g.o mailing list