From: "Robb III
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] ping...
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 00:03:53
1 Mostly I am interested in that potential that clusters offer... I
2 have used distcc extensively and that is what got me hooked on to the
3 idea... I also played a bit with cluster knoppix and loved the
4 potential of an "instant" cluster... Mostly I am wanting to see what
5 there is out there and have a forum to hop onto to share my woes and
6 succes...
7
8 One question I will throw out: I have been playing with a simple
9 RAID 1 setup for my current gentoo box and all seems fine but, I am
10 using miss matched drives.. Both 80 Gig maxtors yet one is a 5400rpm
11 and the other is a 7200rpm has anyone run into problems with a failure
12 on mis-matched drives in a RAID ?
13
14 BTW thanks for the Pong ? :D
15