From: andrea ferraris <andrea_ferraris@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] ping...
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:46:29
1 >One question I will throw out: I have been playing with a simple
2 >RAID 1 setup for my current gentoo box and all seems fine but, I am
3 >using miss matched drives.. Both 80 Gig maxtors yet one is a 5400rpm
4 >and the other is a 7200rpm has anyone run into problems with a failure
5 >on mis-matched drives in a RAID ?
8 That's OT, so I'll reply because I never had problems with a setup like
9 this, also because I never
10 had a setup like this one ;-)
11 I think that conceptually you shouldn't have any more reliability
12 problem than with 2 HD 5400rpm
13 or 2 HD 7200rpm. Maybe the only concern (performance) could be in
14 writing when the 5400rpm
15 will be the bottleneck.
16
17 Andrea