From: Hanni Ali <hanni.ali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] High-Availability Howto for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:01:33
1 Sys Admin is an excelent way to describe the core aspects of configuring
2 Gentoo for both HP and HA.
3
4 Additionally explaining the best wasy to provide failover for HPC is also
5 useful.
6
7 Gentoo Cluster Handbook
8 I. Sys Admin Requirements - What reader must know before moving forward
9 (maybe describe clustering types here?)
10 i) Networking options etc.
11 ii) Disked vs Diskless
12 iii) more...
13 II. SysAdmin for Clusters - tools/support servers/etc
14
15 III. HA Clustering -
16 i) web/email
17 ii) failover/etc
18 iii) mySQL clusters
19 IV. HPC Clustering - batch processing/etc
20 i) MPICH
21 ii) Distributed Compiling? distcc
22 iii) Distributed rendering pvmpovray
23 V. Intro to MPI - Merge the other MPI howto and add some?
24 We need to cover all the different methods and possibly a comparison.
25
26 Opinions?
27
28 Hanni