From: busby@××××××.com
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] High-Availability Howto for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:46:10
1 > Hanni Ali wrote:
2 [ Snip ]
3 > Maybe a split in HA-Clustering, HPC-clustering and large-scale sysadmin
4 > with gentoo.
5 > The large-scale sysadmin is overlapping for both, HA can be usefull in
6 > smaller setups, HPC is seldomly used in small setup AFAIK
7 [ Snip ]
8
9 I agree; different topics different sections.
10 I'd like to see something like:
11
12 Gentoo Cluster Handbook
13 I. Sys Admin Requirements - What reader must know before moving forward
14 (maybe describe clustering types here?)
15 II. SysAdmin for Clusters - tools/support servers/etc
16 III. HA Clustering - web/email failover/etc
17 IV. HPC Clustering - batch processing/etc
18 V. Intro to MPI - Merge the other MPI howto and add some?
19
20 And of course each volume is full of useful information
21
22 /djb
25 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list