From: Ramon van Alteren <ramon@××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] High-Availability Howto for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:17:36
1 Hanni Ali wrote:
2
3 > Ok this is all good stuff.
4 >
5 > This is the specific article I thought as a list we could turn into a
6 > coherent doccument.
7 >
8 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Configure_Gentoo_Linux_for_Clustering
9 > <http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Configure_Gentoo_Linux_for_Clustering>
10 >
11 > There is also the beginings of an MPI programming guide which although
12 > I'm not so sure it's gentoo specific in any way it certanally would be
13 > auseful thing to anyone setting up MPI etc.
14 >
15 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_MPI_Programming
16
17 AFAIK MPI Programming == HPC clustering
18 Which is an entirely different subject from HA-clustering.
19
20 Of course also a very interesting topic, but has relatively few links
21 with HA.
22
23 Maybe a split in HA-Clustering, HPC-clustering and large-scale sysadmin
24 with gentoo.
25 The large-scale sysadmin is overlapping for both, HA can be usefull in
26 smaller setups, HPC is seldomly used in small setup AFAIK
27
28 > May would be fine I should hopefully have time in June to check
29 > through it thouroughly if it's nearing completion.
30 >
31 > I've made a tentative start unfortunatly I'm not sure how much we can
32 > take directly from the current howto on the Gentoo page I don't know
33 > who own's the copyright.
34
35 Suggest we pick one of the usual free licenses (maybe the same as the
36 gentoo documentation project uses ?)
39 > If we use the stub as a sandbox and perhaps the doccument that arises
40 > from it we could call the "Gentoo Clustering Handbook".
41 >
42 I think we should determine topic first (see above)
43
44 Regards,
45
46 Ramon
49 To be stupid and selfish and to have good health are the three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, the others are useless.
50
51 Gustave Flaubert
57 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list