From: Jared Greenwald <greenwaldjared@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o, gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] netkit-rsh help needed
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 20:36:37
1 I'm looking for some help in setting up netkit rsh.
2
3 Please no comments about how rsh in unsecure and all that = I know
4 that, but I need rsh specifically to hook into a tool that my IT
5 department uses for backups.
6
7 So, I've got netkit-rsh and xinetd installed.
8
9 In the /etc/xinetd.d/rsh file I've changed the following from:
10
11 disable yes
15 disable no
16
17 Then I restarted xinetd. At this point there is an xinetd process,
18 but no rsh (rshd or in.rsh) process running.
19
20 A quick look in the log shows that one xinetd service has started:
21
22 May 17 13:47:21 neserv-1 xinetd[7141]: xinetd Version 2.3.13 started
23 with libwrap loadavg options compiled in.
24 May 17 13:47:21 neserv-1 xinetd[7141]: Started working: 1 available service
25
26 So, the question is - what am I missing?
27
28 Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.
29
30 Thanks,
31 Jared
34 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list