From: Brady Catherman <bradyc@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] netkit-rsh help needed
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 20:46:56
1 There shouldn't be an rsh process running. xinetd starts it when a
2 user connects.
3
4 The best way to troubleshoot xinetd problems is to start xinetd in
5 debugging mode.
6
7 xinetd -d
8
9 If you see that the servive started then you can do a netstat -ap and
10 look for the service name in there (shell/login/exec for rsh/rlogin/
11 rexec). Once there you should be good to go =)