From: George Robb <forgeman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Network Booting
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:59:50
1 Hi
2
3 Are your machines PXE enabled? What type or style of cluster are you
4 using?
5
6 A few good google key words: PXE, diskless, thin clients, nodes
7
8 Here are a few starter links:
9 http://syslinux.zytor.com/pxe.php
10 http://www.linux-sxs.org/internet_serving/pxeboot.html
11
12 Almost any OS can boot diskless or via a network boot method. Gentoo
13 is a wonderful Linux "flavor" give it a try!
14
15 Hope this helps,
16
17 George