From: "Andrew D. Fant" <fant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] Tips for multilib compiles for 64-bit head node
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 19:06:42
1 Afternoon all,
2 After some amount of wrangling, I have been given a new head node for our
3 cluster of 32-bit xeons. It's one of the new multicore EMT64 Intel systems, and
4 part of the reason I got to have it is that we have some users who need to run
5 large-memory processes. Hence, I will need to compile it for 64 bits. There are
6 some 32 bit applications I will need to run there as well to support our extant
7 cluster, which leads to my question.
8 Does anyone have any tips about configuring and building the amd64
9 environment with multilib/32 bit support? The FAQ makes it sound like it's
10 mostly taken care of within various ebuilds, which is fine when everything is in
11 portage, but there's enough commercial code we have been running that I want to
12 get this nailed down early.
13
14 Thanks,
15 Andy
18 Andrew Fant | And when the night is cloudy | This space to let
19 Molecular Geek | There is still a light |----------------------
20 fant@×××××.com | That shines on me | Disclaimer: I don't
21 Boston, MA | Shine until tomorrow, Let it be | even speak for myself
24 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list