From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo clustering "à la" www.clustermatic.org (PXE booted nodes)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:29:08
1 Eric Thibodeau wrote:
2 > Le 17 Novembre 2005 10:31, Donnie Berkholz a écrit :
3 >>I just had a single NFS root for all the nodes; didn't have time to get
4 >>more sophisticated. So the couple of ROOT was one NFS, one busybox.
7 > The way I interpret this is that the nodes actually booted a busybox environment, not Gentoo...am-I getting this wrong?
8
9 That depends on your definition of Gentoo. If you consider a root
10 filesystem managed using portage to be Gentoo, than this busybox
11 environment would be Gentoo.
12
13 They boot to an initrd containing busybox, then proceed to mount
14 necessary bits from a read-only NFS export and other bits via tmpfs
15 where they need to write, then pivot_root into the new NFS root.
16
17 > BProc kernel patches http://bproc.sourceforge.net/
18
19 I think bproc has been superceded by something else, but I don't recall
20 what.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Donnie