From: Mathias Weigt <m.weigt@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo clustering "à la" www.clustermatic.org (PXE booted nodes)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:17:28
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > That depends on your definition of Gentoo. If you consider a root
3 > filesystem managed using portage to be Gentoo, than this busybox
4 > environment would be Gentoo.
5 >
6 > They boot to an initrd containing busybox, then proceed to mount
7 > necessary bits from a read-only NFS export and other bits via tmpfs
8 > where they need to write, then pivot_root into the new NFS root.
9
10 >From this I see, that it is a little bit more complicated than just
11 exporting a directory containing a Gentoo root filesystem. I'd
12 appreciate if you could explain it more in detail or just point to some
13 good resources for reading.
14
15 Mathias
16 --