From: Brady Catherman <bradyc@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] RSH/SSH?
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 23:06:56
1 We have tons of bio apps that use stdout/stderr to send data. These
2 programs can send gigs through SSH. We would prefer if it didn't have
3 to get encrypted, passed over our secure network, and then be
4 decrypted. It generates excess work for our Master node. Maintaining
5 the keys also becomes an issue. We have 4 different platforms here.
6 one little hickup with ssh means that everybody's accounts have to be
7 fixed. If we use global rsh then we only have to fix it on the master/
8 slave images. Plus is just makes PBS run smoother.
9
10 Anyways, I think I got rlogin working. I can login password-less if I
11 rlogin to localhost. Still can't do anything remotely though. Got
12 BSU's cluster god to help me out a bit.. he's awesome with this
13 stuff. When I get a final solution mind if I post to the list? The
14 net seems to be full of people asking about this and nobody actually
15 getting it to work.