From: Brady Catherman <bradyc@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] RSH/SSH? (Solution)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:18:32
1 Awesome find Eric! I didn't even notice that before. I still have a
2 bunch of stuff that I need to pin down but everything appears to be
3 completely built. SGE needs tested and such. Hopefully tomorrow. (I
4 still don't know why PDSH isn't in the stinking portage tree! Its the
5 coolest program for clusters ever and its not there!)
6
7 Anyways, to the point. I got RSH working. Jury is still out on SSH
8 but our users already have shared keys so that is a patch job
9 solution for the time being.
10
11 First thing about getting RSH working is to not listen to anybody on
12 the net. Everybody wants to tell you the wrong way to do it =)
13
14 Start by adding "only_from += 192.168.0.0/16" in /etc/xinetd.conf
15 after the other only_from line.
16 Then change "disable = yes" to "disable = no" in /etc/xinetd.d/
17 {rsh,rexec,rlogin}.
18
19 Change the following files: /etc/pam.d/rsh
20 #%PAM-1.0
21 # For root login to succeed here with pam_securetty, "rsh" must be
22 # listed in /etc/securetty.
23 auth required pam_nologin.so
24 auth required pam_securetty.so
25 auth optional pam_env.so
26
27 # Uncomment this and comment the following to use rhosts_auth module
28 auth required pam_rhosts_auth.so
29 #auth include system-auth
30
31 account include system-auth
32 session include system-auth
33
34 /etc/pam.d/rlogin:
35 #%PAM-1.0
36 # For root login to succeed here with pam_securetty, "rlogin" must be
37 # listed in /etc/securetty.
38 auth required pam_nologin.so
39 auth required pam_securetty.so
40 auth required pam_env.so
41 auth sufficient pam_rhosts_auth.so
42 auth include system-auth
43 account include system-auth
44 password include system-auth
45 session include system-auth
46
47 /etc/pam.d/rexec
48 #%PAM-1.0
49 # For root login to succeed here with pam_securetty, "rexec" must be
50 # listed in /etc/securetty.
51 auth required pam_nologin.so
52 auth required pam_securetty.so
53 auth optional pam_env.so
54 auth required pam_rhosts_auth.so
55 auth include system-auth
56 account include system-auth
57 session include system-auth
61 Now edit /etc/hosts.equiv and add the hosts you want people to
62 connect from. I had to add ip addresses here for some reason. Once
63 you have that setup you can copy that file to /root/.rhosts
64
65 Now you just need to add rsh, rlogin, and rexec to /etc/securetty
66 (all on there own lines) and you should be set.