From: Daniel van Ham Colchete <daniel.colchete@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Remote administration of a server
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 19:21:34
1 On 5/14/07, Nick Anderson <nick@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > > Set up remote power with some RPC hardware (eg: baytech) of some kind
4 > > and invest in some Terminal servers (eg: cyclades/avicent). With those,
5 > > you can boot/reboot/diagnose almost any kind of problem (even kernel
6 > > panics). If you set up your machines to boot off the network, then its
7 > > even better.
8 >
9 > However I have had good experience with opengear serial consoles. They are
10 > easy to setup and they are cheaper last I checked.
13 Nick, can I use those serial consoles to manage a PC hardware without the OS
14 (like BIOS access)?
15
16 Best r,
17 Daniel