From: Brady Catherman <bradyc@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo vs RedHat cluster
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:05:27
1 Unfortunately BPS has an annoying habit of overwriting the test
2 output files every time it is run regardless of which test you
3 actually run. I didn't notice this when I was doing my initial stuff
4 on RedHat so I lost all the other tests results from BPS. I have
5 better tests of the hardware since then. We ran HPL on the PowerPC
6 cluster running both Gentoo 2005.1 and Mac OS 10.4 (mac os was ~ %5
7 faster on average). I ran IOZone on our XRaid using HFS+ under Mac
8 OS, and Reiser, xfs, jfs, and ext3 under Gentoo for PPC64.
9
10 I also ran tests using Mr Bayes, ClustalW, MPIBench, and several
11 other in house tests that I had available but all of these tests
12 where either inconclusive or failed to demonstrate any difference
13 between the platforms.
14
15 I will be doing a bunch of this again here in a bit in order to get
16 data on our new OS build we are putting into production =)