From: Brandon Edens <brandon@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo vs RedHat cluster
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 01:20:50
1 > Yeah, from the numbers it looks as if it would be dependent on the
2 > purpose of the cluster whether OS X or Gentoo would do better. On ppc,
3 > Gentoo does poorly on the first two benchmarks and also on context
4 > switching. On x86, the first two are more comparable with RH, but the
5 > others, Gentoo has a small to large advantage over RH, just as on ppc.
6
7 First and second benchmarks are dhrystone and whetstone, synthetic benchmarks.
8 I'd be wary of these types of benchmarks; they've been cheated before. I'd like
9 to see some real-world computation benchmarks.
10
11 Brandon Edens