From: Brady Catherman <bradyc@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Install on a headless XServe?
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 16:24:10
1 I don't have any mac system to build this stuff on though.. thats my
2 main problem. All of our accessible Mac stuff is headless.
3
4 On Jan 5, 2006, at 10:34 PM, Chris Traylor wrote:
5
6 > On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 21:52 -0800, Brady Catherman wrote:
7 >> Is there a way to get the default cd to boot with a known root
8 >> password and start ssh automatically? Or is there an easier way to
9 >> install Gentoo on an XServe that doesn't have a video card?
10 >
11 > Instead trying to get the default cd to do it, you can look into
12 > catalyst, which is the program used to create it. The modifications
13 > would be pretty simple, so you probably wouldn't have to delve too
14 > deeply into it.
15 >
16 > Chris
17 >
18 > --
19 > Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people
20 > who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. -- Mark
21 > Twain