From: Jean-Francois Richard <jean-francois@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Install on a headless XServe?
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 20:56:00
1 On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 08:23:28AM -0800, Brady Catherman wrote:
2 > I don't have any mac system to build this stuff on though.. thats my
3 > main problem. All of our accessible Mac stuff is headless.
4
5 You may try to use QEMU to emulate a PPC system, install Gentoo on it and
6 then use catalyst to create your iso file. I have never tried the PPC
7 emulation, though, but it sure works well to build little x86 or x86_64
8 "throw-away systems".
9
10 http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/
11
12 There is an ebuild in portage for this software (app-emulation/qemu).