From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Compiler choice
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:40:32
1 Brady Catherman wrote:
2 > It is my understanding that GCC 4.1 is considered totally unstable on
3 > gentoo. Anyways.. how would I go about getting the IBM compiler.. Ibm's
4 > web page flat out sucks for searching for things like that..
5
6 If you said 4.2, you might be closer. 4.1 works better in almost every
7 way than 4.0. Also if you take a look, the 4.1 ebuild is keyworded for
8 multiple architectures (but not ppc64), while 4.0 is -* except for ia64.
9
10 Regarding IBM, I always find them by searching for something like xlf,
11 xl, fortran, etc on their website.
12
13 Thanks,
14 Donnie