From: Simon-Nicolas Roth <simon@×××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo vs RedHat cluster
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:39:48
1 No,
2
3 I prefer the unionfs way. To me it is more simple to have one / for all nodes
4 and another / for the server.
5
6 Simon
7
8 Le Tuesday 11 April 2006 16:13, Josh England a écrit :
9 > Have you tried using oneSIS for going diskless?
10 >
11 > emerge -va onesis
12 >
13 > Check out http://onesis.org for more info.
14 >
15 > -JE
16 >
17 > On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 15:04 -0400, Simon-Nicolas Roth wrote:
18 > > Hi,
19 > >
20 > > A small introduction:
21 > > We currently own 2 small clusters. One with 42 opteron diskless nodes
22 > > (adelie gentoo linux) and another one with 24 pentium 4 diskless nodes
23 > > (based on Kyron's wiki
24 > > http://wiki.neuralbs.com/index.php/Gentoo_Diskless_Client).
25 > >
26 > > We have seen a nice upgrade in perfomance when we changed the 24 nodes
27 > > cluster from Redhat to Gentoo.
28 > >
29 > > The question:
30 > > We are in discussion to make a cluster with around 1024 nodes for
31 > > parallel scientific computing. I want to convince that Gentoo would be
32 > > better on this cluster than RedHat! Most people around this project don't
33 > > believe in Gentoo (obviously because they have never done anything with
34 > > Gentoo).
35 > >
36 > > Does anyone have really solid arguments/articles/proofs about the
37 > > performance of Gentoo on clusters to help me convice the RedHat guys?
38 > >
39 > > Thanks
40 > > Simon
43 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list