From: Ted Rodgers <trodgers@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] openmosix
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 16:10:46
1 Joshua Morris wrote:
2 > What other alternatives are there? Can anyone share their installation
3 > tips and help some of us that are new to clustering but familiar with
4 > Gentoo. I am looking to build something when I can run multiple vm's on
5 > a cluster and load balance the vm's across the cluster. Anyone doing
6 > anything similar to this?
7 >
8 > Thank you,
9 > Joshua
10 >
11 We've been asking the same question where I work. We're wanting to
12 re-do and increase performance in a few lab setups and thought openmosix
13 would be a great option. If there aren't tools available for a 2.6
14 kernel, we may have to keep using the current setup: NIS / NFS / autofs
15 / afs setup with users loging in to specific machines. One group tried
16 condor, but really isn't happy with it at all.
17
18 Any suggestions?
19
20 Ted Rodgers