From: Carlos Moyano Cubillos <cmcglnx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo Clustering LiveCD/DVD (Google SoC 2008 project)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 17:14:44
1 Is possible to include Globus Toolkit?
5 2008/7/7, Alexandre Racine <Alexandre.Racine@×××××.org>:
6 > Well... one vote for SGE.
10 > Alexandre Racine
11 >
12 > alexandre.racine@×××××.org
13 > 514-461-1300 poste 3304
16 > > -----Original Message-----
17 > > From: Eric Thibodeau [mailto:kyron@××××××××.com]
18 > > Sent: 7 juillet 2008 10:38
19 > > To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
20 > > Subject: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo Clustering LiveCD/DVD (Google SoC
22 > > project)
23 > >
24 > > Hello all,
25 > >
26 > > As some of you may already know, I am working on a clustering
27 > > livedvd. Although a livecvd is flashy and all, my efforts are geared
28 > > towards making ebuilds and meta-ebuilds that ease setting up a freshly
29 > > installed stage3 system into a Master Beowulf server with
30 > > PXE+tftp+NFSroot booted nodes. My progressing work is available on the
31 > > unofficial Gentoo overlay server
32 > > (http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/
33 > > , direct link being:
34 > > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/clustering-
35 > > livecd.git;a=summary).
36 > > Everything needed to create the livedvd as well as the NFSroot images
37 > > (notably catalyst specs and custom ebuilds) is available there. I also
38 > > make the resulting/progressing work available in my personal web
39 > server
40 > > http://wiki.neuralbs.com/~kyron/soc2008/ but, please, don't download
41 > > the
42 > > iso image unless you've asked me first since it's not complete work
43 > and
44 > > is not "functional" per say (the current image does not contain the
45 > > node's nfsroot and the auto-configuration scripts are still being
46 > > worked on)
47 > >
48 > > So, this means it's now the perfect time to send me your wish
49 > list.
50 > > Since we're all interested in seeing Gentoo "sell" as a powerful
51 > > platform for HPC, it would be nice if some of you could give me good
52 > > examples of apps that give some nice "marketable" GUI results ;) as
53 > > well
54 > > as more seriously used HPC apps (less the marketing fluff).
55 > >
56 > > Apart from the wish list, I think a custom theme would also be
57 > > nice.
58 > > So a bootsplah, I heard that _really_ sells with the CEOs, as well as
59 > > some other nifty fb stuff would be willingly integrated into the
60 > > livedvd ;)
61 > >
62 > > That's it for now, just wanted to make an official thread since I seem
63 > > to have forgotten to do so ;)
64 > >
65 > > Eric Thibodeau (aka kyron on freenode.net)
66 > > --
67 > > gentoo-cluster@l.g.o mailing list
68 >
69 > --