From: Alexandre Racine <Alexandre.Racine@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo Clustering LiveCD/DVD (Google SoC 2008 project)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 17:08:37
1 Well... one vote for SGE.
5 Alexandre Racine
6 alexandre.racine@×××××.org
7 514-461-1300 poste 3304
8
9 > -----Original Message-----
10 > From: Eric Thibodeau [mailto:kyron@××××××××.com]
11 > Sent: 7 juillet 2008 10:38
12 > To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
13 > Subject: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo Clustering LiveCD/DVD (Google SoC
14 2008
15 > project)
16 >
17 > Hello all,
18 >
19 > As some of you may already know, I am working on a clustering
20 > livedvd. Although a livecvd is flashy and all, my efforts are geared
21 > towards making ebuilds and meta-ebuilds that ease setting up a freshly
22 > installed stage3 system into a Master Beowulf server with
23 > PXE+tftp+NFSroot booted nodes. My progressing work is available on the
24 > unofficial Gentoo overlay server
25 > (http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/
26 > , direct link being:
27 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/clustering-
28 > livecd.git;a=summary).
29 > Everything needed to create the livedvd as well as the NFSroot images
30 > (notably catalyst specs and custom ebuilds) is available there. I also
31 > make the resulting/progressing work available in my personal web
32 server
33 > http://wiki.neuralbs.com/~kyron/soc2008/ but, please, don't download
34 > the
35 > iso image unless you've asked me first since it's not complete work
36 and
37 > is not "functional" per say (the current image does not contain the
38 > node's nfsroot and the auto-configuration scripts are still being
39 > worked on)
40 >
41 > So, this means it's now the perfect time to send me your wish
42 list.
43 > Since we're all interested in seeing Gentoo "sell" as a powerful
44 > platform for HPC, it would be nice if some of you could give me good
45 > examples of apps that give some nice "marketable" GUI results ;) as
46 > well
47 > as more seriously used HPC apps (less the marketing fluff).
48 >
49 > Apart from the wish list, I think a custom theme would also be
50 > nice.
51 > So a bootsplah, I heard that _really_ sells with the CEOs, as well as
52 > some other nifty fb stuff would be willingly integrated into the
53 > livedvd ;)
54 >
55 > That's it for now, just wanted to make an official thread since I seem
56 > to have forgotten to do so ;)
57 >
58 > Eric Thibodeau (aka kyron on freenode.net)
59 > --
60 > gentoo-cluster@l.g.o mailing list
63 gentoo-cluster@l.g.o mailing list