From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] CoC: informal enforcement
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:13:41
Hi all,

I'm proposing to start CoC enforcement in a simple manner that doesn't
require approval of any sort, and I'd like to discuss it at the council
meeting to get your feedback.

What I want to do is build a core culture of people who refuse to
tolerate assholes. We can do this by getting together a small group who
will reply to any gentoo-dev posts or #gentoo-dev comments by people who
are being jerks, telling them that they're being a jerk and not replying
to the substance of the jerk's post at all. Replies to the substance of
a post would come separately or not at all. Having a group of people
reply to hostile posters should begin rebuilding a culture that doesn't
tolerate that type of action.

People who are consistently jerks are incompetent developers and should
be treated as such.

Thanks,
Donnie