From: Marc Koschewski <marc@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] update world issue (oops)
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:27:57
1 * Stephen P. Becker <geoman@g.o> [2006-06-08 19:02:50 -0400]:
2
3 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > > On Thursday 08 June 2006 13:34, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
5 > >
6 > >> Blockers occur because something changed in the tree. In this case,
7 > >> shadow now provides the functionality that pam-login once did, which is
8 > >> why shadow blocks pam-login.
9 > >
10 > > Ok, what about nv and nvidia in xorg-x11 7.1? It looks as if I now have to
11 > > choose between the open-source nv and the proprietary nvidia in my
12 > > make.conf. I used to have both specified so that I could switch between the
13 > > two installed drivers, but if I leave both in, with VIDEO_CARDS="nv
14 > > nvidia", I get circular, blocking dependencies. Pro tem I just have nv in
15 > > there, but if I want to use the nvidia driver I'll have some fiddling to
16 > > do.
19 > This is because the binary nvidia drivers flat out don't work with Xorg 7.1.
20
21 They do.
22
23 Regards,