From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] update world issue (oops)
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:11:42
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday 08 June 2006 13:34, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >
4 >> Blockers occur because something changed in the tree. In this case,
5 >> shadow now provides the functionality that pam-login once did, which is
6 >> why shadow blocks pam-login.
7 >
8 > Ok, what about nv and nvidia in xorg-x11 7.1? It looks as if I now have to
9 > choose between the open-source nv and the proprietary nvidia in my
10 > make.conf. I used to have both specified so that I could switch between the
11 > two installed drivers, but if I leave both in, with VIDEO_CARDS="nv
12 > nvidia", I get circular, blocking dependencies. Pro tem I just have nv in
13 > there, but if I want to use the nvidia driver I'll have some fiddling to
14 > do.
17 This is because the binary nvidia drivers flat out don't work with Xorg 7.1.
18
19 -Steve
20 --
21 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list