From: Adrian <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] K3b can't find source CD to copy
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 17:14:28
1 On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 21:00:54 -0600
2 Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> wrote the words:
3
4 > K3b used to be my best CD creating and duplicating app, but today when
5 > I tried to do a CD copy the program apparently wouldn't recoginze the
6 > source CD for copying. I can see the CD-R unit (Sony CD-RW CRX230E)
7 > with diskinfo, and this unit shows up as the "CD Reader Device" in the
8 > CD Copy dialog, however the Start button in this dialog is disabled
9 > and nothing I do seems to enable it. If I start k3b from a cli
10 > prompt, I get a dozen or so lines of "k3b: ERROR: (K3bDevice::Device)
11 > Unable to do inquiry." although this may have no bearing on the
12 > problem.
13
14 I had this problem as well. Did you upgrade K3b lately? I emerged the
15 latest version and this happened. I went back to the previous version I
16 had installed and now it works fine.
17
18 Adrian
21 On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos
22
23 On The Fly Photography: http://204EastSouth.com
24 Purchase from On The Fly: http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
25 The Cynical Libertarian Society: http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls