From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] K3b can't find source CD to copy
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 03:04:08
1 K3b used to be my best CD creating and duplicating app, but today when I
2 tried to do a CD copy the program apparently wouldn't recoginze the source
3 CD for copying. I can see the CD-R unit (Sony CD-RW CRX230E) with diskinfo,
4 and this unit shows up as the "CD Reader Device" in the CD Copy dialog,
5 however the Start button in this dialog is disabled and nothing I do seems
6 to enable it. If I start k3b from a cli prompt, I get a dozen or so lines
7 of "k3b: ERROR: (K3bDevice::Device) Unable to do inquiry." although this may
8 have no bearing on the problem.
9
10 I also have CD-Roast, which has no such problems, but is a much messier and
11 less well engineered app, so I'm hoping someone can help me get k3b back on
12 track again. It _used_ to work just fine!
13
14 I'm running k3b on top of gnome, but this seems to make no difference. Same
15 result if I run it in KDE.
18 Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key
19 FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at
20 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com>
21 http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" |
22 | (Pamela Jones) |
23 --