From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] K3b can't find source CD to copy
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 07:32:08
1 On 25 December 2005 05:00, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
2 > K3b used to be my best CD creating and duplicating app, but today when I
3 > tried to do a CD copy the program apparently wouldn't recoginze the source
4 > CD for copying. I can see the CD-R unit (Sony CD-RW CRX230E) with
5 > diskinfo, and this unit shows up as the "CD Reader Device" in the CD Copy
6 > dialog, however the Start button in this dialog is disabled and nothing I
7 > do seems to enable it. If I start k3b from a cli prompt, I get a dozen or
8 > so lines of "k3b: ERROR: (K3bDevice::Device) Unable to do inquiry."
9 > although this may have no bearing on the problem.
10 >
11 > I also have CD-Roast, which has no such problems, but is a much messier and
12 > less well engineered app, so I'm hoping someone can help me get k3b back on
13 > track again. It _used_ to work just fine!
14 >
15 > I'm running k3b on top of gnome, but this seems to make no difference.
16 > Same result if I run it in KDE.
17
18 Under Settings -> Devices, what devices does it show? And do they exist?
19
20 Could be a udev problem. Maybe it doesn't generate both devices under /dev.
21
22 Uwe
25 Unix is sexy:
26 who | grep -i blonde | date