From: "E. Liddell" <ejlddll@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Dependencies of KDE 3
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 00:02:46
1 You may be able to fix Kopete by switching USE flags off (my
2 guess is that v4l2 is the guilty party here.)
3
4 Most of the others look like they may be genuine patch-required bugs
5 related to recent changes in gcc/g++. Unfortunately, I don't use any
6 of the packages involved except for kate-plugins, and I haven't needed
7 to re-emerge it recently. It's possible that some packages might compile
8 if you can figure out how to pass -fpermissive to the compiler (there's
9 probably some way you can slip that into your make.conf, but I have no
10 idea what it is--anyone?). It may be easier just to find non-KDE3
11 substitutes for the affected software, if you need the functionality it
12 provides.