From: Brent Busby <brent@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Dependencies of KDE 3
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 03:02:45
1 On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, E. Liddell wrote:
2
3 > You may be able to fix Kopete by switching USE flags off (my guess is
4 > that v4l2 is the guilty party here.)
5
6 Yes, it is. You can get Kopete 3 to compile by switching that off, or
7 you can upgrade just Kopete to 4.x by putting all the other individual
8 programs from KDE 3 you want into your world file with the ":3.5" suffix
9 (rather than having "meta" packages pull them all in automatically), and
10 allowing only Kopete to be upgraded.
11
12 The reason you probably will want to do the latter is because Kopete
13 isn't just a desktop thing -- it's an Internet client and it needs
14 security support.
17 + Brent A. Busby + "We've all heard that a million monkeys
18 + Sr. UNIX Systems Admin + banging on a million typewriters will
19 + University of Chicago + eventually reproduce the entire works of
20 + James Franck Institute + Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet,
21 + Materials Research Ctr + we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky