From: Igor Korot <ikorot01@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Dependencies of KDE 3
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 03:03:25
1 Brent,
2
3 On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Brent Busby <brent@×××××××××.org> wrote:
4 > On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, E. Liddell wrote:
5 >
6 >> You may be able to fix Kopete by switching USE flags off (my guess is that
7 >> v4l2 is the guilty party here.)
10 > Yes, it is. You can get Kopete 3 to compile by switching that off, or you
11 > can upgrade just Kopete to 4.x by putting all the other individual programs
12 > from KDE 3 you want into your world file with the ":3.5" suffix (rather than
13 > having "meta" packages pull them all in automatically), and allowing only
14 > Kopete to be upgraded.
15
16 The problem is that switching that USE-flag on or off makes no difference.
17 I still get the same error message about missing header file.
18
19 Thank you.
22 > The reason you probably will want to do the latter is because Kopete isn't
23 > just a desktop thing -- it's an Internet client and it needs security
24 > support.
27 > --
28 > + Brent A. Busby + "We've all heard that a million monkeys
29 > + Sr. UNIX Systems Admin + banging on a million typewriters will
30 > + University of Chicago + eventually reproduce the entire works of
31 > + James Franck Institute + Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet,
32 > + Materials Research Ctr + we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky