From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: K3B error
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 20:52:49
1 Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk> posted
2 200710201819.20602.prh@××××××××××.uk, excerpted below, on Sat, 20 Oct
3 2007 18:19:20 +0100:
4
5 > On Saturday 20 Oct 2007, Duncan wrote:
6 >
7 >> Of course, I'm a native English speaker who doesn't read or write
8 >> anything else, so most CD/DVDs I tend to burn are C standard locale
9 >> anyway, but ...
10 >
11 > Of course, that locale is American, not English.
12
13 Well, en_US, to be technical, which would therefore classify it as a
14 dialect of English, but I get your point.
15
16 BTW, if you're going to claim "American" not "English", why not go the
17 rest of the way and say "USian", since after all, "American" could be
18 Spanish, or for that matter, French (Quebec) or Portuguese (Brazil), or
19 getting authentic, whatever Indian language.
20
21 Or maybe the French speak "European", but the Germans/Brits/Spanish/
22 Italians/Russians... do not?
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list