From: Justin Denick <justin.denick@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Script to load docs in mozilla.
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 02:25:54
1 Yeah, that signature has to go.
2
3 On 12/9/05, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 15:19 -0800, J.A.H. (650) 363-6128 wrote:
6 > > Sorry. I do not see how my signature is a problem. I also do not see
7 > > how attaching a small text file is a problem. If I had not attached a
8 > > few lines of script to the electronic mail message... would there
9 > > still be a problem?
10 >
11 > Honestly, I don't see a problem with your script. It could have been
12 > linked to an external source, which would probably have been preferable,
13 > but it isn't that large to begin with, so I'm not sure it is a problem.
14 >
15 > Your signature, on the other hand, is junk. Please remove it for this
16 > list. The same can be said for any HTML. This list uses plain text and
17 > adding the additional space to every message you send isn't very
18 > friendly to our servers or the list members.
19 >
20 > Also, spam is not commercial only. It is really any unsolicited junk
21 > emails. While I won't say that your email was spam, I will say it was
22 > full of frivolous and useless junk, such as the graphical signature.
23 >
24 > (Personally, I liked your perl script... ;])
25 >
26 > --
27 > Chris Gianelloni
28 > Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
29 > x86 Architecture Team
30 > Games - Developer
31 > Gentoo Linux
47 Got Gentoo?
48
49 It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
50 -- Mark Twain