From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Script to load docs in mozilla.
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 22:51:44
1 On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 15:19 -0800, J.A.H. (650) 363-6128 wrote:
2 > Sorry. I do not see how my signature is a problem. I also do not see
3 > how attaching a small text file is a problem. If I had not attached a
4 > few lines of script to the electronic mail message... would there
5 > still be a problem?
6
7 Honestly, I don't see a problem with your script. It could have been
8 linked to an external source, which would probably have been preferable,
9 but it isn't that large to begin with, so I'm not sure it is a problem.
10
11 Your signature, on the other hand, is junk. Please remove it for this
12 list. The same can be said for any HTML. This list uses plain text and
13 adding the additional space to every message you send isn't very
14 friendly to our servers or the list members.
15
16 Also, spam is not commercial only. It is really any unsolicited junk
17 emails. While I won't say that your email was spam, I will say it was
18 full of frivolous and useless junk, such as the graphical signature.
19
20 (Personally, I liked your perl script... ;])
23 Chris Gianelloni
24 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
25 x86 Architecture Team
26 Games - Developer